The question is not to get all the services, connection and devices you need, it is more how difficult it is and why I cannot get those from one shop door.
1. First I need a phone, a smart phone. I have some model on my mind and look the cheapest version to buy it from the store. Drive 30 km to get it 10€ cheaper.
2. Next I need a PC or Tablet and again use a short time to search and drive some km's to get it maybe 40€ cheaper or order it from the online store and wait couple of days to shipped.
Wow, fantastic, now I have PC and phone but can I make business no. So lets go to 3rd shop to by mobile and home connection
3. Next i walk to store to get the SIM card with number and data connection with 23,00€ per month with unlimited amount of data but
4. I take home ADSL from other ISP while they have the best offer compared to ISP I took the mobile connection
5. And in worst case I will start to use the "Free" email available on both mobile and ADSL connection, and actully got good offer for 4G USB Dongle from 3rd ISP only 30,00€ per month including the dongle.
Great, now i have connection, as far someone come and configure the WLAN at my home to be secure and not using standard setting that all my neighbours use too - but dont go there yet.
No I can use email where my email address is like firstname.lastname@example.org - fantastic but my company's name is Pete's Custom & Consulting not @operatordomain.com - so should i do someting better - YES.
Ok but how and what.
6. I need to register the domain for me (so was told) so I use my credit card and register my domain @Office365-expert.com and I got now the email address like email@example.com from DNS service vendor, correct?
Yes not No - you have the email working for sure but what are the features you got, calendar, integraton, storage and so on or public web site even and what about Social media like Yammer and Twitter for example.....
7. Ok back to basic. I was told that Microsoft Office 365 is great service with bunch of features and even evergreen - wow. So use again my credential to purchase one Office 365 license with Office client application too for example and
8. order local IT vendor to do all the domain mappings and license activation, guide me how to configure my Outlook, Skype for Business and OneDrive for Business at the client side. But they could not guided me how to use SharePoint ONline, Planner, Flow, Delve, Skype for Business Broadcast and other services so I continue to use my time and find.... and they also ask if I should allow open federation or block all expect listed but I have no idea what he was talking about and thank's God i seleted open to all.
9. a company who can make me nice "intranet", team and project site with external access, configure Yammer allowing me to create external group like in SharePoint Online.
OK now I'm ready to start my business but how do I invoice and get the money from the work I do at the customer side. Well I need
10. POS devices witch can be separate using own Data SIM or USB device connected to my Phone with some card limitation. So I have option to take the own device from the ISP or the device and cloud service liike iZettle. Yes, I can now get the money from the work but still how to handle the invoicing well
11. so spend again some time and maybe more time to see what's good and cheap. After hours work in found service called Heeros as and example. But someone told to me also that why you dont take Dynamics 365 while you use already Office 365 witch was great thinking. So sign on to my Office 365 portal and after hours find what I need and order it. So maybe in the first time I was able to use someting that I already have except
12. I was forced to purchase some consulting work to my CRM and Invoicing to work.
13. and for all these I would also get some training easily or access to on demand videos and training materials with low price.
Shortly - I don't even want to count how much time I have used to be able to run my business but shortly I count that at least 80 has gone for not valuable and chargeable work. Second option is the word cheap, cheaper or cheapest witch does not work with the word good, better and best unless you purchase the cheapest and the best ones same time. There is no good and cheap unfortunately but of course some exeption can be found.
So question is that why there is no vendor in place (or at least I have not found from the globe) who offers everything as a service - device, connection, POS, communication, collaboration and financial services fro monthly based pricing with portal where I can easily order new one's when hired new people.
14 OMG, I forgot the security and how to manage and patch the devices and deploy application and even run selective wipe. So there is Mobile Iron and others but some one told again that actually you have subscription based license for Intune and just order it from the Microsoft portal. Wow, this is 3rd time I can use same service to login and purchase without new contract to new vendor.
Next I would need to show my company's presence in Twitter so creating new twitter account or using Azure AD for authentication - I would select that and lucky me, I can select now also Twitter and x amount of other application from the portal - how cool is that?
So maybe, just maybe there can be in the future a service provider who will offer this type of end to end services for Small and Medium size Business with 1-50 employees for example. And yes those will not be the most cheapest but I recommend to look and calcute where the hours is worth to use - chargeable work or hated back office work at night and time away from your wife and kids - remember that too. What is the the value of the private life.
Almost forgot the picture - not my favorite but can feel the power....
All opinions are my own..